In my last article I explained that I had secured a sponsorship deal with the global leader in UI development components, Infragistics. I’m currently exploring their class library for ASP.NET 3.5 AJAX and am working through some sample code. Once I’m happy with these components, I’ll finish my studies on IIS/ASP.NET membership and profiles and implement the live login pages with the grass-roots database. I have built a full database schema however I am implementing the tables one at a time to support the entities that drive the classes which provide the functionality. This approach will allow me to generate a process which I can follow in the future for expansion once the application goes into production in 23 days time.
What’s new on www.software-monitor.com:
- Added a favicon
- Added our sponsors logo, our own company logo and live chat button to every public page
- Implemented an SSL certificate from Comodo (see SSL in action here: https://www.software-monitor.com)
What’s coming up soon:
- User membership and profiles (so users can log in)
- The initial draft web services
- The initial draft SDK, API, component and instructions
Would you like to take part in this project?
- I seriously need some beta testers to sign up with the service. Once the draft SDK/API is available I’ll provide it to you and see how you get on. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me using the contact form on this blog.
- Do you know of anyone who may be interested in improving the stability of their software, adding online update/version checking, receiving aggregated error reports from their software by email or needing real-time runtime licensing security? Please pass on a link to www.software-monitor.com
Until tomorrow; all the best,